Tuesday, December 26, 2017

From Strength to Strength...Opening the Most Precious Christmas Letters

Dear Friends, 

I still enjoy opening Christmas cards from dear friends, and reading their “enclosures”… those special updates on the past year’s highlights and happenings.  They often bring a smile… sometimes a tinge of sadness…always a flood of warmth to my heart. 
 
Pondering this I realized…I look forward to reading other precious letters at this time of year also. 

Those letters are the thoughts, prayers, and heart cries, that have filled my spiritual journals most of the past 365 days; and often, the faithful responses from Him, the Lover of my soul. 

Reopening those journals has become a yearly ritual for me. 
  • What treasures are re-discovered as I walk through the past twelve months with Him again!  
  • What fresh insights are gained from the vantage point of significant time having passed!   
  • What opportunities are presented to discern His perspective!
  • What treasures can be gleaned through those windows of remembrance!
  • And perhaps best of all, what nuggets of fresh awareness can be carried into the new year!
  • Take some special moments with Him, dear friends, even if you’re not a “journal-er.” 

You won’t regret it.

See you in 2018. 

“I will stand at my guard post and station myself on the lookout tower.  I will watch to see what He will say to me and what I should reply about my complaint.”  Habakkuk 2:1
Picture

No comments:

Post a Comment